Sunday, June 20, 2010

Weekend - June 19th & 20th

Hi everyone,
    So I am super excited that it is the weekend. This is my first chance that i have gotten to write in this blog. I know that before it is just bullet points but they will help me remember when I finally have a chance to fill in the stories.
    Well this weekend has been good. I have slept anywhere from 6-9 hours every night and i cannot believe how much better my mood is if i have a full night sleep. Yesterday I did not do much. I got up around 10 and went to breakfast. We walked around for a bit and just got used to the intense heat that is Mississippi. Then I came back to my dorm and went to a study session that was hosted for the TExES exam which I need to pass next saturday. I think I will do ok, but i do need to take 30 minutes every day this week and study because if i do not pass, then i cannot be a teacher in Texas.
    After that study session I went to dinner with my colaborative group and we then spent from 7pm to 11pm working on getting our classroom ready for the kids on monday. I am now teaching 4th grade math so we have been preparing for them all weekend. I am every excited for our students to come on monday . I think it will make my summer a whole lot better knownin that I am making a difference to these kids.


Today June 20th:
    The only thing is that I am starting to miss home. Its the small stuff, the fact that my family went to tgi fridays for an early fathers day dinner and my brother took pictures. it was really nice to see my family and i just wish i could be there. it makes me so sad that once again i could not spend a father's day with my own father. I know that I am doing something for my career but its still rough to know that i am the only one missing in my family.

No comments: