I needed to do something so that my kids can understand this important concept. So on my second day of school, I was trying to figure out what to do. The main problem as that I was not prepared for this lesson. As I have mentioned, the lesson that I was giving was not mine since I just found out on Friday that I was teaching 4th grade. Some of the things that the person I took lessons from suggested, I was not sure I was able to execute well. So I had a plan but I decided to improvise a bit from it so that It could match my style.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Second day of School
So the second day of school was when all the fun started. It was going to be the first time that I would be actually teaching my kids something useful in math. However my first lesson was a hard concept. Since my kids took the math assessment yesterday, I had some idea how much they knew and what we needed to work on. When I saw the scores for the lessons I was going to be teaching in the first week, my heart feel a bit. Everyone but 2 people got the first question wrong. The question read: 16 + 7 = ____ + 15. The correct answer is 8 but many of my students put 23 as their answer. After much thinking and thought, I realized their mistake: they were adding 16 + 7 and not looking at the other side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment