So the third day was LONG! We woke up the same early time and had breakfast at around 7:15. At 8 we started 1 of the two sessions in the morning. Each session are 1 hr and 20 minutes long and the morning topics were Living & working in Houston, and Our theory of change. Overall I was ok for the first two sessions. They were long but kinda interesting things and our small group discussions were very engaging. we had lunch at 11:00 which was very early but it was fine because we had about a 2 hours break between sessions. During lunch they had a transition fair which was nice because I got to talk to the Wells Fargo Rep who was giving TFA a really good deal. I think I might take it but now I need to be back in Houston.
At 1pm I did not want to go back to sessions. They afternoon ones where pretty intense and I was ready to be done. 4 1.5 hr sessions in 1 day is a bit too much. The last two sessions were about diversity and the other one was about the structure of TFA. The session about structure was a bit too much. we could have been done with that session in like 45 minutes. They kept leaving room for us to discuss what surprised us about the structure. I did not have any questions or really cared but whatever. The diversity things were kinda interesting but it was my last session and I was just DONE. This was the session we ran late so it was annoying that I needed to write my evaluation in like 2 seconds bc we had an apartment tour right at 4.
The apartment tour was ok. We drove around to 2 locations and there were in gated communities which is something i did not expect. I still don't know what to do for housing but i am sure I will figure it out. After the apartment tour we went to a ranch for dinner.
It was really good dinner and it was tons of fun.The only bad thing about the ranch was that it was hot. However when we finished this delicious bbq dinner, we were ready to go and could not understand why we needed to be at this ranch until 9pm. What we didn't know is that we needed to create a cheer. We had a competition for which cheer would be the best and we divided into groups. We needed to come up with a song and make the words tie into houston tfa corp. We thought and thought and when finally the only song I could thing of was shot. Its a super catchy song and we could use it. Instead of shot, we decided that Teach would be a good word. After some discussion the lyrics were made and they go as follows:
Teachers are you ready!
Teach, Teach, etc - Everybody
We we walk into class, all eyes on me,
we;re the TFA crew, education is key
we love our kids, we close the gap
the houston corp, is on the map
Teach, teach, etc- Everybody
Teach, teach, etc- Houston, Texas
Teach, Teach, etc- 2010!!
So we ended up winning the cheer competition which was very cool. Now this is the cheer for the 2010 Houston Corp forever. (People from 07 still remember theres) Overall this was a good and long day. We went to the hotel and I packed for the long drive to the Delta.
1 comment:
LMAO VERY HOT! I'm so surprised... ;-P
Post a Comment