Saturday, January 8, 2011

First post of the year

So after not writing for months, I have decided that my experiences should be heard and I should make a better effort. So one of my new years resolution is to write at least 1 post a week, however long or short it might be. I should make sure to write about my students and about all the other things that come with this job. Well we received a day off on Monday because our center donated to United Way's fundraiser. So the first day was on Tuesday and the students came in at 7:45am. I decided to go early to school so that I could change the centers sign and also clean up my classroom. I had left it a mess because I needed to go take a test on the 17th and left in a hurry.

So I come in at 6:40 am to my classroom to find it completely devoured. Apparently they has cleaned the floors and had moved all the furniture in my classroom. It was bad, the carpet as in the middle of the classroom, everything was not in its place. 2 of my bulletin boards were torn down (which i do not to understand since they were cleaning the floors and not the walls). So I was so surprised and i could not believe that I am suppose to have students in my classroom when i cannot even see order. Its not like the furniture is desks that are easy to move, some of these things are heavy and take two people to move things around. So I spent most of my morning in awe and trying to move the carpet to its spot on the floor. By the time I got that done, the parents were already waiting outside for 7:45 to come in. I went outside and asked for help since there is no way I could do this by myself. The parents were really helpful and in 10 minutes I had my classroom back into the shape in about 10 minutes. The only bad thing is that it completely ruined the entire day and I had to just go through the day and the new routine. We have some changes in the schedule, mainly that we go outside in the afternoon instead of the morning. On one side, its good because the kids wake up early and then are excited to be woken up since its time to go out. The down side is that the morning seems to be TOO long and never ending.

No comments: