Saturday, July 17, 2010

Last Day of School

So I need to write down the events that happened on the last day of school. I know that I have been flaky with my blog but it has been rough to find the time to convert my thoughts into words. I will try to fill in the blanks of the first 2 weeks but right now I am end my blog of institute by writing about my last day

Like I have told some of you, my last day was very bittersweet. My colab partner said that she did not know whether she needed a strong drink or a strong cry after our school day was over. That is how I also felt. First, it was a very stressful day. There was so many things to do and things to give the kids that I kept being the one who was always aware of time and that we still needed to clean our room and what not. This stress really got to me as the day went on, especially when all the kids left and it was time to clean our rooms up.

There was so much to do that I was just frustrated with myself. First, I was in charge of making the report cards to my students. I wanted to give them their grades and then some comments about their progress this summer. However because we were a 4 person colab, I wanted everyone to be in consensus on what we were going to tell the parents. However, the day of, we were all going our separate ways that it did not end up happening. It made me really upset with myself because I knew that the last day was going to be crazy but I could not get my shit done on time.

The kids were a bit wild since it was the last day of class. Most of them did not want to do work but I kept reminding them that they would be doing fun work since we are teachers. My kids were interesting on the last day of school. Bobby was causing complete chaos and most of the time he was outside the classroom then in. Cedric was super worried about passing. I feel that he equates success with a measly C grade. He must have asked us about 20x if he passed, but we did not give out grades until the very end.

No comments: