Sunday, September 12, 2010

The updates on my life

So I have been horrible at keeping up with this blog but I will promise to be better. I want to write in it at least once a week so that I do not forget how my life has been going now that I live in Houston.
So these past three weeks of school has been crazy. I never expected it to be this hard to entertain and socialize 3 yr old. Its crazy to think that I am a pre-k teacher. I work for a charter school/district in Houston whose mission is to educate the entire family. They are very much like a family when it comes to the administration and the teacher which is really nice. Like my center is called Spring Branch Head Start. It is located in the north-west section of Houston and its about 13 mins away from my apartment which is nice.
Now about my apartment. Its in a complex behind the central market and its about 1 mile away from the 4th largest mall in the country, the Galleria. Being so close to the Galleria is good and bad. The traffic is horrible at times but other than that its nice to be so close to everything. I live with 1 other person and she is my roommate from Institute. We worked well for 5 weeks that we thought we would work just fine for a yr. We signed a lease until june (time when school ends) and I do not know yet if I would stay in this apartment. Its really really nice and we are paying 1222 a month for a 2 br 2 bath apartment. I really like the apartment. Its in a nice neighborhood which is in the middle of everything.
I will post pictures up soon enough but my apartment is very bare since we are still poor. I could never imagine how expensive moving is. I had money saved up but it still ended up being a lot of deficit spending until I could get my first pay check.

No comments: